Probably you’ve heard already that acupuncture is one of the oldest ways of healing in the world. It has its origins in China, 3.500 years ago. However, it became popular all around the world only three-four decades ago.
Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medical technique that uses needles to connect 2.000 points from the human body, using 20 pathways, called meridians. There are 12 main pathways and 8 secondary. The Chinese believes saying that these pathways are able to conduct the energy between the skin and the internal organs. There are many theories about how acupuncture works, and all of them agree that acupuncture stimulates the nervous system, which produces endorphins and reduces stress and pain.
If you want to test this technique, you should try the acupuncture Victoria center, where everything will be explained to you, and you can try the method on your own. Until then, here are nine things you must know about acupuncture:
- It doesn’t hurt –People are cared about acupuncture because they think it hurts. But it doesn’t, and the needles are as fine as the hair. They even bend when somebody touches them, so don’t be scared to try it.
- You need constancy – You cannot go to one session of acupuncture and hope the problem will be solved. Usually, the treatments are built one after the other, so you need to be consistent if you want to see results.
- It is a lesson about your body –The basic idea of acupuncture is to take what your body already has, and to rearrange it in the good way. It reminds the human body how to work best, and teaches people to appreciate what they have.
- There is no religion involved – Some people think that acupuncture is a religious practice, but it is not like that at all. There are no supernatural powers in acupuncture; it is just a simple way to balance the energy of the human body, to interconnect the systems.
- There are side effects – Acupuncture has great side effects, like better sleep, mental clarity, less stress, more energy, and better digestion. They all can improve the quality of your life.
- Opens minds – You have to be an open minded person to let a Victoria acupuncturist sting you with the needles, as a treatment for different problems and diseases. You will notice a different way of seeing the world.
- It is not expensive – People expect acupuncture to be expensive, but you can book a private session for prices between $60 and $120. At the community clinics, you can find it under $50.
- It works – Studies, trials, and experts have all agreed that acupuncture works. It can improve people’s lives in many ways, and it can help with all kinds of pains. Millions of people practiced it and admitted it improved their lives.
- It will change you – Not many people accept alternative methods of medicine, but once you will go for acupuncture, you will see life in another way. You have to have some courage to do it, but the benefits and the rewards will worth it.